Monday, November 30, 2009

The climax of culture

After reading Eagleton and the blogs the general conclusion I get is that culture has taken a turn for the worst. But, I do not know if I agree. In high school we used to have decades parties, and it seemed like every ten years had some kind of social contribution to add. I wonder if we can do the same with the 2000s.

I think a point we are missing is that all these different cultures, different groups of people as America continues to assimilate, are mixed into one so that it keeps growing and changing. I would argue that it has not leveled out and that it cannot level out because everyone will always have something different to add.

Of course it has been said all the time that we are in the age of technology, which I guess is the dominate part of our culture, but is there all that is to it? Are we anything else but technology... oh and sex?? At this point of time I can't think of anything else, so maybe I do agree. Maybe we have come to a cultural standstill.

No comments:

Post a Comment